Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Smorgasbord

There was skiing, dance competitions, a wedding, more skiing, the zoo, visits with friends, more skiing, and football. If this is an outdoor smorgasbord, then Count. Me. In!!! We enjoyed a winter week in Utah and would do it all again in a second. It was a blast.
We skied five resorts - Snowbird, Solitude, Deer Valley, Park City, and Sundance. Good snow and good weather greeted us at each one. This year I really figured skiing out and well, I was gone. Thankfully, I also figured out how to stop, so no trees (or brains) were injured during our trip! I worked extremely hard to find every jump on the mountain. My mom said I pulled the same amount of air off of the jumps as my grandma... ONE INCH! (That must be a ton!)

Gates lounged in the warm lodges and kept whoever took a ski break company. He didn't seem to mind not having skis, but maybe that's because he doesn't know how to walk yet - I guess he should master that first.

My parents spent a day and night celebrating our friend Anne Marie and her new husband Kevin. They got hitched and then headed to Costa Rica for a honeymoon adventure.  Several fun friends were in town for the party, so they also got to enjoy their company too - score!

Lots of cousin time including getting to watch my cousin Lindsie compete in an enormous dance competition - does every girl in the state of Utah dance?!?! Seriously, there were about 10 billion dancers and my cool cousin got first place in her division! 
And play time with the St.Jeors and the Cook brothers!
And TONS of skiing! Okay, so my form isn't great, but I tried really hard to keep up with my big cousins Mallory and Troy.










No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!