Sunday, July 6, 2014

Lybberty Days 2014

What do you get when you put 37 of your favorite people in one place...FUN! For 41 years this group has been getting together. My great grandparents started the tradition as a Thanksgiving family reunion in St. George, Utah. After they passed away, my grandpa and his two siblings and spouses moved it to summertime. Since then, every one of my mom's cousins got married and now there are a bunch of grandkids; 6 "grandparents," 14 "parents," and 17 of us!

I'm third youngest and Gates is second youngest. Lucky for us our cousins are super great and include us in everything. This year they took me mountain bike riding. Yes, I only learned to ride a bike a few months ago, and yes, my bike and I were shorter than most of the bushes we were passing. But thanks to my cousins encouragement, I had a blast and went two days in a row. Check out the video.
We hiked, biked, swam, played tennis and ping pong, participated in tons of games, and I even caught my first fish!
 



 

My fish was a 4.5 pound tiger trout. It's a catch and release pond so this lady helps you scoop the fish up in a net, pulls the hook out, then lets it go back into the water. The adults thought she was really funny because she held the fish like a baby and then softly massaged the fish in the water before it swam away. They called her the fish whisperer. I'm not sure what that means, but my guess is she whispered, "you're lucky I'm here because Bodie had plans to eat you."

 We're so lucky to have such an awesome family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!