Saturday, September 13, 2014

Tahoe

Just saying the word Tahoe puts a smile on my parents' face. If you've never been there, you should go. It's a giant outdoor playground with a huge lake in the middle. What a lot of people don't realize is there are also several smaller lakes hidden in the mountains around Lake Tahoe, so there are really endless options for adventure. We had an hour layover in Salt Lake City on our flight to (and from) Tahoe. As a total bonus, my grandparents met us AT our gate and hung out for the hour in the airport - how fun is that!?!?! (and yes, clearly my grandma has the travel agent hook up!)
Amy, Garth, Aidan, and Layla met us in Tahoe (they live in California) and joined in the fun. We hiked, swam, paddled, climbed the rocks, jumped off the rocks, rowed, paddle boarded, built sand castles, and had the best time.

 

Check out the landscape (I recently learned that word) - mountains, trees, rocks, water, blue sky...paradise.


We played a ridiculous amount of mini golf, though can you really get too much mini golf. I got a hole in one on a hole with a graveyard. Kind of fitting for the hole because both of my parents choked on that hole and their game died - ha! Gates chased after several golf balls, blocked endless shots, and actually picked a few balls up and dropped them in the hole (those were my favorite Gater Assists).
Tracie (Furr) and Dylan Reno along with King and Carol Cevolani met us at Pope Beach for the day. My mom and Dylan's mom met when they were our age at the bus stop (I didn't know there were cars that long ago!?!) Our family scored great weather AND great company that day.


At Amy's advice, we tried a new bike route and LOVED it. We rode from Tahoe City to Squaw Valley. It was a beautiful ride along the Truckee River. Gater and I entertained each other in a trailer while our mom and dad peddled. My mom said it was one of her most favorite rides because my dad was pulling approximately 100 pounds of kids and stuff. This extra load almost equaled out their riding abilities, she even passed him twice! (which NEVER happens). We played Squaw's mini golf course (why not!?!?), took the tram to the top of the mountain, and hiked.

You know how you know it's a good trip, when the last thing you say before you get on the plane is "I wish we could live in Tahoe forever..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!