Saturday, July 4, 2015

10 Days of Heaven

What do you get when you have four days in the mountains and six days at the lake? Four VERY happy Piantanidas.

There is WAY too much fun for just one blog, so we're breaking it down by location. I will highlight the lake fun and Gates will highlight our mountain adventures.

We spent the beginning and end of our Utah trip at Last Chance Lakes. From a giant piece of dirt to two big holes for water to amazing lakes, this place knows how to create memories. It gets more amazing each time and we always find something new to do/try. And the weather was better-than-perfect every day we were there. 
Of course we swam and skied until the fish started to wonder if they had new neighbors in the lake. My dad figured out that he water skied over 75 MILES while we were there - seventy-five!!! When I ski, an adult holds the ski rope in the boat - it's another way to keep my safe (you can pull me in quickly, etc).
One time when I was skiing, my dad was holding the rope and started to sing. He got a bit into his song and started flinging his arms up into the air and back down, TOTALLY forgetting that I was attached to the other end. I jerked forward a few times, hoping he'd notice the impact of his dancing, but he was lost in the moment. Next thing I knew, he did this huge arm dance and I flipped into the lake. My dad was totally surprised and wondered what had happened. Everyone in the boat was laughing and told him HE was the cause of my fall. After that I told him no more dancing while I water skied. He agreed.

When my mom wasn't skiing, she could be found on the paddle board...
 
Gates fell in love with the four-wheel ATVs. He would beg for rides saying, "ride? ride? ride?" and point to the ATVs. When a ride was over, often 30-60 minutes in length, he would cry and beg for another ride (which was usually granted while explaining, "this is the last ride for now..."). He even got to sit on the driver's lap for most of the rides, so I'm pretty sure he's officially addicted to the ATVs. Is there a cure for this disease?

In the evenings we fished; our cousin Troy caught a trout and let me reel it in. We also roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores every night. I may - or may not - have eaten nearly 20 s'mores during the trip. The only proof would be the size of my tummy and because I'm growing, that proof is inaccurate. I can say that I'm a skilled marshmallow roaster and happy to share my talents.
 
Other fun was had on the trampoline, in the sand, playing basketball, board games, and on the swing set and even washing windows.

 
Surprisingly, Gater has some decent window washing skills and he helped for more than an hour!

We also celebrated Father's Day while we were at the lake. Three dads in one place - my dad, my grandpa, and my Uncle Rick. Pretty cool. While there are endless activities to do at the lake, the best part is the people we get to spend time with and make lasting memories. A little slice of Heaven...
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE getting comments, so start posting!